Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Am Mrs. Potato Head

I almost fell off my chair during this Super Bowl ad for Bridgestone Tires, not because I am in need of tires but because…I am Mrs. Potato Head. Just ask my husband what it is like to drive with me in the mountains or during a snowstorm. Basically, any time I perceive danger on the road and I determine that he is not taking appropriate precautions to keep me safe, I turn into Mrs. Potato Head. The older I get, the more often this transformation occurs. I suppose, for my husband, it is like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde. Poor King Richard. Sorry, honey.

For everyone else, enjoy the video.

No comments: