Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Au revoir, IHOP

About a mile from my house are the remnants of an IHOP restaurant that went out of business several years ago. Apparently, the owners decided not to renew their franchise and the doors were shut. Shortly after closing, the establishment reopened as “Marcy’s Pancake House.” Unfortunately, “Marcy” flipped flapjacks for only a few months when a major plumbing disaster ruined the interior of the restaurant, causing the “House” to fold. Today, the old IHOP bit the dust for good when some large machinery was brought in to tear the building to the ground. For posterity sake, I had to snap this picture. Now the big question is: with IHOP gone, what will occupy the space?

2 comments:

batgirl said...

That's a great picture! Unfortunately, my IHOP memories conist of 1:00 a.m. visits and they're all pretty foggy. I should have been home in bed.

Zacchini said...

Most people don't go to IHOP during the day. : )