Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just in the Nick of Time

Praise the Lord! My husband installed our window air conditioner last night, just before the first day of temperatures that are forecast to reach into the 80’s and/or 90’s. Being born in October, I am NOT a fan of summer. I love summer food but, as a fair-skinned individual of Irish/Scottish descent on my mother’s side, the sun and I do not get along at all. I burn at the drop of a hat, even with buckets of sunscreen; my eyes are quite sun-sensitive; plus, I am just not into a lot of summer activities like going to the beach, swimming, etc. I am more the egghead museum type, I guess.

So, since the temperature is already in the upper 60’s and the humidity is 96% at 6:45 AM, I will be in my house today, enjoying the air-conditioned space. I hope you enjoy your day as well. God’s peace.

No comments: