Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Friday, March 14, 2008

DYK? Green Tea Booster

The antioxidants in green tea, known as catechins, lose their punch once they enter your intestine. In fact, according to my weekly Real Age tip, close to 80% of the catechins in green tea are left by the wayside. To boost the absorption of these helpful substances, researchers suggest flavoring your tea with freshly squeezed lemon, orange, lime, or grapefruit juice (lemon is best). Apparently, the vitamin C from the citrus increases the acidity of your small intestine, thereby increasing the absorption of catechins. Good thing my homeschooling friend gave me a bag of lemons last night!

Also from my weekly message:
More green tea news:

- it may help you lose weight
- it may help keep your knees young and strong
- it can help your skin look great
- it can help you stay sharp
For more Real Age tips, click here.

No comments: