Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall is Coming

Today, as I pulled into the parking lot of the church where my daughter practices the organ, a bit of a breeze began to blow. Looking across the property, I saw a cascade of yellow leaves falling from one of the many trees surrounding the churchyard and it occurred to me, all of a sudden, that fall is coming. It really is on its way. In recognition of that fact, I thought I would post this, "Falling Leaves" by Bet Briggs. Enjoy.

No comments: