Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, August 28, 2006

More About Kit

This weekend, my husband pointed out that my previous article about Kit neglected to mention his penchant for burrowing; hence, the previous photo of the cat in a duffle bag and the current photo of him in a box. This is, perhaps, one of his quirkier character traits, definitely the one that amuses us most. He has done this since his kitten years, choosing such unlikely locations as the underside of our box spring and the padded carrier/cover for the crock pot (did I mention he is also incredibly imaginative?). Definitely an adorable addition to our household and one that, I hope, stays for many years.

No comments: