Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Word Puzzle

This afternoon, I revisited some parts of the French curriculum that Katherine the Great will be using this fall. When I opened one of the books, low and behold, I found a word puzzle from the 2005 handbell tour folded up inside. The choir director had this particular brainteaser available as a team problem-solving exercise to occupy some of the long hours on the bus ride between Connecticut and Illinois. Give it a try and see how you do! I will post the answers in a few days.

Example: 12 = M in a Y (12 months in a year)

26 = L of the A
7 = W of the W
1001 = AN
54 = C in the D (with the J)
9 = P in the SS
88 = PK
13 = S on the AF
32 = D at which WF
90 = D in a RA
3 = BM (SHTR)
29 = D in F in a LY
64 = S on a C

No comments: