Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

History on My Kitchen Table

My kitchen table has a very bad habit of collecting “stuff.” It has been doing this since my husband tore out the wall between our family room and our kitchen when my daughter was younger. It was filled with “stuff” during that demolition and we just never recovered from the temptation to toss things there...until later. Well, one of my missions before the end of next week is to have the table cleared off; hence, my archaeological dig. Today, I found this, a letter from my fuel oil company:
August 1, 2006

Dear Valued Customer:

As we all know, this year we have seen oil prices hit very high levels; as of July 1, 2006 it is already over $70 a barrel with predictions of spiking to $100 per barrel. The continued uncertainty in the Middle East and current supply issues will most likely keep prices extremely volatile for the foreseeable future.
Oh, if only oil was that low priced!

1 comment:

Sandi in FL said...

SCAAAAAAAAAAAARY how quickly the present becomes history!!! Remember, THESE are the "good 'ole days"!