Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

An Opportunity to Help

This afternoon, I went to the local grocery store to procure ingredients for the planned Sunday entree, Cranapple Chicken.  My daughter invited her "little brother" to dinner, a young man who has been a family friend since she was ten and he was eight, so she wanted to try something new.  Anyway, as I entered the market, I was met by an older woman who was handing out donation slips for a meal ministry at one of the area churches.  If I wished to participate in the fundraiser, I could either make a monetary donation or I could purchase food items from a predetermined list.  If you would like to help as well, visit the F.A.M.I.L.Y. Kitchen website.  Also housed at the F.A.M.I.L.Y. Kitchen:  the Groton Animal Pantry, a place where people who need help feeding their pets can obtain free dog or cat food.  Check out these charities if you are in need or if you would like to help!

Note:  No compensation was received for any referrals or mentions in this article.

No comments: