Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bye, Bye Feeding Tube!

Tuesday was a day for celebration on Gooseberry Lane.  Fermata, my twelve-year-old tuxedo cat who has been battling a serious gastrointestinal lymph node infection since mid-January, had his esophageal feeding tube removed.  Hurrah!!!  That device, my constant companion for almost a month, the cause of much lost sleep, necessary and helpful though it was, will NOT be missed.  Yes, Katherine the Great and I did incorporate the routine of the apparatus into our daily tasks, but returning to the "normal" flow of activity around here cannot happen soon enough.  Today was a step in that direction.  I went to handbell choir rehearsal for three hours and, in the afternoon, I was able to take my daughter to voice lessons.  The family also grabbed a bite to eat at our favorite barbeque spot...without leaving a cat sitter behind.  Oh, the freedom of independence is such a joy.  Having a healthy kitty is even better!

Related articles:
More on Fermata
Long Overdue Kitty Update
Kitty Health Update #3
Kitty Thyroid Update #2
Kitty Thyroid Update #1
Another Thyroid Patient

No comments: