Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just 10? How About Just2?

Last week, a Facebook friend alerted me to this from our friends across the pond, a program called Just10.  It is a new effort by a British pastor, Canon J. John, who felt called to restate the Ten Commandments in order to make them more accessible to a new generation by paraphrasing them in the positive.  Frankly, I am a bit flummoxed by this whole idea.  Read more.

No comments: