Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

First Cold of the Season

Well, after nursing my daughter through her first cold of the season almost a month ago, I finally caught mine. It began as a sore throat last Thursday, became horrible sinus congestion, nausea, and vomiting on Friday, and settled (unfortunately) in my chest on Saturday. Now it is Sunday and after much rest, Zicam, flat ginger ale, and several steam treatments, I am functioning near some level of normal. The coughing fits I could do without but, thankfully, they only occur once or twice a day, and then only if I neglect my cough suppressant. Too much information? Sorry.

For those of you who live in southern New England, this is only one version of the latest "bug" that is traveling through the families in town. Happily, I got what seems to be the less intense version. Some folks have been sick in bed for days, while others have suffered for weeks with profound exhaustion. Hopefully, I will be back to “completely normal” by the end of the week. Until then, blog entries may be at a minimum.

Have a great week!

No comments: