Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ready or Not!

It’s Christmas Eve. Ready or not, the holiday has arrived! I would have to say that I am NOT as ready as I would like to be, but the essentials are complete: the tree is decorated, the presents are wrapped, and the food is ready (except for some cookies that didn’t get done because I was ill for two weeks). The baked eggs are in the refrigerator for breakfast. The oatmeal will be prepared in the morning, as will the fresh fruit --- strawberries and blueberries. The pecan pie is frozen and in no hurry to be baked as we don’t need it until tomorrow evening for dessert at the home of Koalagirl15. My family and I have attended Christmas Eve service at Christ Lutheran Church and we are now at home watching Holiday Inn. Christmas may not be the sparkling, superbly organized event that I was shooting for, but it is certainly comfortable, sufficient, and extremely blessed.

I hope this entry finds you and yours just as comfortable, and just as blessed. May the Christ of Christmas live in your hearts today and always.

1 comment:

batgirl said...

Our family spent the day in our jammies and didn't go anywhere. It was heaven!