Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ringing in Christmas

This afternoon, my daughter had her first Christmas concert with The Shoreline Ringers Community Handbell Choir, a good effort that was much appreciated by the audience at Colchester Federated Church in Colchester, CT. Yet, as beautiful as the music was, I am certain the director and members will find something to improve before their next performance on Friday, December 15th. High-caliber musicians are like that, finding details to tweak in each playing of a piece. That’s what makes them excellent performers and what makes their music such a listening pleasure.

The holiday concert program includes the following selections (see below), so if you have time this coming weekend, join the ringers at one of their concert venues. Visit their website for more information.

CONCERT PROGRAM
Joy to the World
Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow
West Indies Carol
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Overture to Cantata 142
In the Bleak Midwinter
The Nutcracker
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Ukrainian Bell Carol Fantasy
White Christmas
Sleigh Ride

Merry Christmas!

No comments: