Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Holiday Anti-Letter

Posted as a joke on Smart Mom Blog, the website of a fellow homeschooler, I thought this holiday anti-letter was cute. How often do we all receive Christmas letters that summarize lives that seem almost too full, too busy, or too successful? Smart Mom’s version is closer to reality for me on some days or, at least, closer to how I feel on some days. Life can be pretty ordinary on a fairly regular basis. I, for one, don’t consider that a bad thing. It does keep my stress level down, that’s for sure. But, then again, who wants to get a Christmas letter that outlines the ordinary? Maybe that’s why we get those seasonal compositions that seem to be written like adventure stories. I, myself, rarely send out an annual Christmas letter, although this year I did for various reasons. Hopefully, mine wasn’t too obnoxious. Of course, you will need to guess at that judgment unless, of course, you actually received one of my letters; in which case, you can let me know how I did.

Note: To maintain the personal privacy of other individuals named in my Christmas letter, I chose not to post it here on the blog.

No comments: