Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Getting Back to Normal

After almost two weeks of fighting an upper respiratory infection (and the associated side effects of my medication), I think I am getting back to normal. How can I tell? Well, aside from the fact that my fever is gone and I don’t feel like sleeping all day, I have restarted my morning routine, a somewhat time-consuming bit of work during the holidays and while recovering from illness:

PETS
- feed & water cats
- wash cat dishes
- freshen pet water (both bird & cat)
- check bird seed (replace if necessary)
- wipe down/disinfectant counters around cat dishes
- clean litter box
- vacuum pet corner

CHRISTMAS
- water tree
- vacuum needles around & under tree
- wrap a few gifts

HEALTH
- steam & irrigate sinuses
- inhaler dose
- expectorant dose
- take vitamins
- shower & dress
- early morning snack: yogurt, Raisin Bran

PERSONAL
- pick up e-mail
- read/watch news
- check blogs
- check bank balance
- check weather
- check calendar
- write daily priorities list

Once all this is finished, I sit down for my daily quiet time with the Lord (although I must admit I let this slide a bit while I was really sick).

I hope this entry finds you well and fully into the fun and frenzy of the holiday. Take care and God bless.

1 comment:

batgirl said...

Michele,
So glad you're better. What a hard time to be sick. We just had a whirlwind week, but now that the Nutcracker is over and Chelsey's band/chorus concert, and my cards are sent and gifts wrapped... I think I can relax a bit. God bless and Merry Christmas.