Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sick … Again!!!

When my husband was a cancer patient thirteen years ago, I can remember a physician telling me that the human body goes through health cycles: some years are up, you feel great, and you rarely get sick; some years are down and you are challenged my repeated illnesses. Well, I must be in a down cycle because I have the flu. This is after a cold in December for which I required an inhaler, an episode that followed a shorter cold in November. Hopefully, I won’t be sick again for a while because, frankly, this is getting really old.

No comments: