Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sign Man: Jerk Workshop

The other day, as I traveled on base to (once again) retrieve my husband from work, I saw this billboard at the gate, presumably installed by Sign Man:

Know How To Avoid
Marrying A Jerk
Workshop
Call 694-1145

King Richard has a question about this seminar: Is it open to everyone? Or is this a Navy-sanctioned course in man bashing and, consequently, for women only? My question is: does our culture ever consider women to be jerks? I must admit I rarely hear women referred to in that way. Thoughts, anyone?

1 comment:

Zacchini said...

You are obsessed!!!