Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why I Haven’t Been Blogging

One of the reasons that I haven’t been blogging lately is lack of time...lack of time to read everything I want/need to read, lack of time to write about what I read, and lack of time to do the required Bible study in response to what I have been reading. You see, aside from attempting to trap a squirrel in my attic (the subject of a future post, I’m sure), my daughter and I have been doing a metric ton of reading on the Emergent Church and, after a few weeks of this, I am ready to declare that I am decidedly in the anti-Emergent camp. I am currently working on a post that will explain some of my reasons for that decision but, in the meantime, allow me to share this video with you from YouTube. I viewed it initially on Symphony of Scripture.

No comments: