Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Golden Ear Awards

This week, an article over at Christian Post had a preview of the Golden Ear Awards, an annual readers’ choice poll from Ignite Your Faith magazine. Quoting:
The winners for Best Vocalist are listed below:

Male
1. John Cooper, Skillet
2. Trevor McNevan, Thousand Foot Krutch
3. Matt Thiesssen, Relient K
4. Jeremy Camp
5. Jon Foreman, Switchfoot

Honorable Mentions:
- Mark Hall, Casting Crowns
- Jason Dunn, Hawk Nelson

Female
1. Lacey Mosley, Flyleaf
2. Alyssa Barlow, BarlowGirl
3. Tricia Brock, superchick
4. Krystal Meyers
5. Rebecca St. James

Honorable Mentions:
- Plumb
- Bethany Dillon
Being forty-six and the mother of a musician/composer who prefers classical music (more specifically 16th/17th-century sacred music), I have never heard most of these artists. However, being the co-teacher of a high school class at my church, I have heard of these people. I should probably check out their music for the sake of being current and understanding why the kids like it so much. It’s just that most of it is “hard rock” and that just isn’t me. I prefer “old stuff,” like Keith Green and Rich Mullins. Steven Curtis Chapman’s Speechless or Declaration is about as adventurous as I get. Sorry!

No comments: