Eating selenium-rich foods --- like eggs --- could help keep your memory sharp and your brain speed on high as you age.Oh, that’s all very interesting, but this is what I thought was cool: the TEM500 Egg & Muffin Combo Toaster/Egg Cooker. Here is a description from the Digital Kitchen Store:
In rural China, researchers found that elderly people who got at least the U.S. recommended daily value of selenium (about 55 micrograms per day) had cognitive test scores that put them in a league with people 10 years younger.
And you thought the drive-thru was fast! Make your favorite breakfast sandwiches --- at home --- in minutes. The Egg & Muffin Toaster brings innovation to the toaster category by combining the functions of a toaster and an egg poacher into one easy-to-use appliance. It even heats your breakfast sausage or bacon! The Egg & Muffin can be used solely as a full functioning toaster or poacher or can be used simultaneously to make the ultimate breakfast sandwich in just 4 minutes! Simply add the necessary ingredients and start the machine.And at an average price of $29.88 – $59.95, the little treasure will pay for itself in no time depending, of course, on where you normally buy your egg sandwiches in the morning. With a gadget like this in the kitchen, who needs McDonalds? Bon appetit!
- delivers in about 4 minutes
- boils up to 4 eggs
- simultaneously toast the bread and cook an egg (poached or steam-scrambled)
- warm a pre-cooked slice of ham or sausage
- wide toasting slots for everything from bread to croissants
- auto shut-off
- easy to use and clean control touchpad
- light to dark toaster settings
- removable crumb tray
- cord storage
- egg lid keeps heat inside
- warming tray to place meat
- steamer tray for hard boiling eggs