Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Hanging with Spencer

This evening, while Katherine the Great was in church choir rehearsal, I got a chance to hang out with Spencer, the choir director’s son. He is a bundle of energy whose frankness reminds me very much of my daughter when she was four years old. Tonight, he said I looked “older.” I think that was because I was wearing a gray mock turtleneck that (somehow) manages to highlight every gray hair on my head. Anyway, over the course of an hour or so, we ate some wheat crackers, discussed his Halloween costume, and watched some old Disney cartoons, like this one:

No comments: