Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Words of Wisdom from Russell’s Ribs

One of the restaurants that we frequent is a barbeque place known for their award-winning ribs. On the wall of this establishment is a collection of signs that often bring a smile, or a nod of agreement. While eating dinner this evening, I wrote some of them down on my napkin to share with you here.
----------------------------
Hard work must have killed someone.

It is what it is.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. And you can fool all of the people some of the time. But you can’t fool Mom.

Friends welcome, relatives by appointment.

Unattended and unruly children will be arrested and sold as slaves.

When pigs fly!

I like hugs and I love kisses, but what I really need…is help with the dishes.

Quityerbellyaching.

Dinner choices:
1) Take it.
2) Leave it.

House rules: No fussin’. No whinin’. No back talkin’.

Be nice or go away.

There will be a $5.00 charge for whining.

NOTICE: If you are grouchy, irritable, or just plain mean, there will be a $10.00 charge for putting up with you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the one about friends welcome, but relatives need appointments!

I saw a great one today at Mystical Toys:

Unattended children will be given a puppy and unlimited chocolate!

NOTE: You should have entitled this blog: "Words of Wisdom from Wussell's Wibs by Elmer Fudd."