Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Pet Food Recall

In case you hadn’t heard, Menu Foods, manufacturer of several major brands of cat and dog food, after the deaths of two cats and the incidence of kidney failure in an additional 18 cats over the past two weeks, decided to recall certain gravy-style pet food in cans and pouches made between December 3, 2006 and March 6, 2007. The list of brands is quite extensive and can be checked at www.menufoods.com/recall. I use Science Diet® Adult Light and Science Diet® Kitten food (both dry) for my cats, two products that are not included in the recall, thank goodness. I lost my beloved cat, Carlyle, to kidney failure several years ago and it is an experience I would not wish to repeat. I would advise anyone with a cat or a dog to consult the list and discard any questionable food as soon as possible. Inquiries about the recall can also be made by phone at (866) 895-2708.

No comments: