Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Body Clock Confusion

I’m not sure if it is the fact that I am still recovering from a severe case of influenza, or because I’ve hit middle age, but this early shift to daylight savings time has my body clock completely confused. I feel like I lost an hour, not gained an hour. My most productive time of day is early morning (between 5:00-7:00 AM). Because the late winter/early spring light that comes through my window is now a hour off, I am now an hour off. I wake up to find that it isn’t really 5:00 AM; it is actually 6:00 AM. So, in my mind, when my feet hit the floor, I am already an hour behind. Is anyone else completely confused?

No comments: