Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Rudolph Club --- FEB 2007

My new assignments for the Rudolph Club are as follows. I have from February 25th-March 25th to complete these tasks. I don’t think I will have any trouble finishing these.

FEBRUARY ASSIGNMENT #1: Begin a Holiday Letter
So you won’t be challenged by writer’s block come November when you should begin your holiday letter, keep a log of activities throughout the year so all you need do is glance at your notes to begin the final draft of your Christmas tome. If you intend to include photos in your holiday letter, create a file for these as well, either on your computer or in an actual box.

FEBRUARY ASSIGNMENT #2: Open a Christmas Club Account
To make certain you have a few extra dollars for Christmas cheer, set aside funds on a monthly basis to prevent a cash crunch at the end of the year. The financial cushion you create will be a welcome windfall when gift shopping begins in earnest several months from now.

FEBRUARY ASSIGNMENT #3: Keep Up With the Gift Closet
Update your gift inventory form with any newly purchased items that you have hidden away for December giving. If you began collecting holiday-themed socks for a sock box, check the clearance sales for St. Patrick’s Day footwear.

HOLIDAY BOOKS & MOVIES
The March selections are:

Book: Light on Snow by Anita Shreve
Film: Little Women starring Winona Ryder & Gabriel Byrne

No comments: