Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Shameless Plug

Last night was the first Shoreline Ringers concert of the 2007 Christmas season. The drive to the Colchester Federated Church, the concert venue, was awful. It snowed the whole way there and, for reasons unknown to me, the wipers on and the washer fluid in my Subaru decided to fill my windshield with gunk rather than clean it; but the drive was worth it! There is nothing like handbells and an audience performing “White Christmas” together to put you in the holiday mood. The solo performance by one of the more experienced ringers was awesomely inspiring, too. One young lady, two octaves of bells, and a great piece of music (O Come, O Come Emmanuel) --- you simply have to see it to believe it. Your next opportunity:

Saturday, December 15, 2007
7:00 PM

Union Baptist Church
119 High Street
Mystic, CT

Be there!

No comments: