Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Winter Storm Alexander

The first winter storm of the season arrived this morning around 10:00 AM. Praise the Lord, I finished the last of my Christmas shipping at 9:00 AM. Katherine the Great also managed to fit in her chiropractic appointment before the snow started to fly. Alas, organ, piano, and voice lessons were all cancelled, as was church choir this evening. At least, I think church choir is cancelled; if not, I probably won’t be driving there anyway as it is across the Gold Star Bridge and down the freeway at least fifteen minutes in optimum travel conditions. Nope, today is a day to stay put!

Other last-minute preparations: clearing some junk out of the driveway and off the back steps so shoveling will be easier, and putting fresh seed and suet in the bird feeder for my local fauna. I probably should have done that yesterday so the birds could stock up before the big storm. Hopefully, better late than never. The next weather event is coming this weekend, just in time to shut down the next Shoreline Ringers concert and the Calvary Music School Christmas recital. I love winter!

No comments: