Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

DYK? Aluminum Trees

In keeping with my Christmas tree “advice” theme of late: yesterday, I saw this in our SUBASE newspaper, The Dolphin:
Aluminum Christmas trees are making a retro-comeback of sorts. Never put any kind of electrical lights, or wiring of any kind, on an aluminum tree. All lighting should be a spotlight type appliance so that there is no possibility of direct electrical contact with the tree. Being constructed of metal, these aluminum trees are extremely conductive and will cause an electrocution if there is a short in the wiring.
I don’t know about you, but being killed by a Christmas tree is not my idea of a happy holiday. Be safe this Christmas: use your lights wisely.

No comments: