Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Coming Soon: Grand Tour Routes

An article in VeloNews had this to say about preparations for the 2008 cycling season:
The Tour de France will announce its 2008 edition in a lavish ceremony October 25 in the Congress Palace in Paris in what's always one of cycling's big rendezvous ahead of the off-season.

What's known about the 2008 edition is that Tour organizers have decided to skip the prologue and get right down to business, starting July 5 with a traditional road stage from Brest to Plumelec in France's Britanny region. Stage 2 will run from Auray to Saint-Brieuc with Stage 3 starting in Saint-Malo.

The Giro d'Italia will unveil its route December 1 in Milan. The Giro will start May 10 on Sicily. The Vuelta a EspaƱa will have its unveiling December 12 in Madrid, with the season's final grand tour starting August 30 in Granada.
I will definitely be watching the Tour de France route broadcast, if it is aired in my cable market. I am not sure I like the decision to eliminate the Prologue, but I want to hear the reasoning behind such a scheduling commitment.

No comments: