Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finally, A Forever Family

I got word, along with many other friends and family members, that Tova has been given to her forever family and that the adoption is now official. Praise the Lord! The long wait is finally over. Here are some tidbits from the most recent messages I have read:
Wow! What a little doll baby!!! Well, ok, NOT so little…I think she really does weigh as much as [her sister]!

Her feet are almost as big as Sabra’s, too! They brought her in the cutest pink shorts outfit and really cute metallic pink sandals. Though she prefers them off…she’ll fit in with our family just fine!

Now, how is that???? Sabra’s Gotcha Day was July 4th. Tova’s adoption day is 9/11! WHAT A REASON TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!! Not that we will ever forget about 9/11, it’s just good to have it as a positive now!

So, we went back to the adoption building, and had our adoption “interview.”…[T]he interviewer decided we are good parents, so she granted our adoption. :-)

NO TEARS today…NONE at all!!! Just little “uhs” when someone got too close that she was not happy about! And then she might return to the security of Baba’s [Daddy’s] lap! She was also chattering to Baba in Chinese. Too cute!
I don’t want to post any more than that. You may be able to see more about Tova’s amazing adventure home to her forever family by checking 2 Raven-haired Beauties. Nothing new was posted there recently, but only because the new family is so busy getting to know each other. Keep checking. Something should appear in a few days.

Don’t forget, if you would still like to contribute to Tova’s Orphanage Fund, just click the “ChipIn” button at the top of the blog and follow the directions. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

No comments: