Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Short Update from China

As nothing new has been posted over at 2 Raven-haired Beauties since my friends departed for China on Friday, I thought I would supply an update from some of the messages that have come through on the “Tova loop.” These are just excerpts:
The Guangzhou airport Baiyun Novotel hotel is AWESOME. Loved it.

We are safely in Nanning.

We get our precious Tova tomorrow afternoon [9/10/07] about 3 pm, so 3 am for most of you!
Hopefully, I will hear more today. In the meantime, if you haven’t contributed to the Donations for Tova’s Orphange fund yet, please take a few minutes to do so by clicking on the “ChipIn” button at the top of this blog. Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No comments: