Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Recording Session

This past Saturday morning, at 7:30 AM, I dropped Katherine the Great (and some handbell tables) at Harkness Chapel on the campus of Connecticut College for the first-ever recording session of the Shoreline Ringers Community Handbell Choir. I don’t know if she was excited about it or not. I think she was tired before the taping session because of the early hour and exhausted afterwards because of the work. Obviously, I was excited, but I digress...

Selections on the CD will probably include:

- Procession of Praise by Arnold Sherman
- Morning by Edvard Grieg
- In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg
- The Girl With the Flaxen Hair by Claude Debussy
- This Little Light of Mine by Hart Morris
- Pavane by Gabriel Fauré
- Paean by Sondra Tucker
- Sharon’s Song by Donald Allured
- A Walk in the Park by Karen Lakey Buckwalter
- Rhythmic Rip by John Behnke
- Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
- The Nutcracker by Tchaikovksy
- Plink, Plank, Plunk by Leroy Anderson
- Marche Triumphale by Michael Helman

I will try to have the CD for sale (or at least a link to where you can buy it) when it becomes available. Stay tuned.

No comments: