Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

70 Days! Xmas is Coming!

Ten more days have passed in the march toward Christmas and I am a bit closer to being organized for the holidays. I started my gift shopping, especially for those items that will travel to the far-flung corners of the universe; good thing, too, because I have had a few items backordered, one shipping error, and one order that will take three weeks to arrive. Not only that, but some of my selected gift items have already sold out for the season. I suppose the other early shoppers got there first. Hmmm…I wonder how early the even earlier holiday shoppers began shopping in order to make the early shoppers (like me) look late. 'Tis a mystery.

Anyway, I am crawling toward completion of my holiday preparation tasks. My goal: to have all my gifts purchased before Thanksgiving. That way, I can concentrate on baking, greeting cards, and the celebration of Advent.

How are the preparations going at your house?

No comments: