Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Clean Bills of Health

I forgot to mention that two of my cats visited the veterinarian lately, and both came away with clean bills of health. Not bad for a seven-year-old and a three-year-old feline. The older cat was very well behaved and quite social while at the “doctor’s office,” especially considering that the resident female tabby got him riled up by sniffing at his transport carrier. The younger kitty was less accommodating. He sat grumpily through the entire appointment, even while I was paying the bill and his torture was complete. My youngest cat will be visiting the vet next week. He is the worst of all, yowling in the car and struggling with the technicians for everything, be it a vaccination or an ear swab to check for mites. I can’t wait!

No comments: