Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Found My Stamps!

At 8:00 am yesterday morning, I went to the post office, once again in search of a 2¢ stamp (and a way to avoid the really long line that seems to form there later in the day). For all of you who were waiting with bated breath to see if I would actually locate the elusive postage, I am happy to report success. I was one of only two customers in the lobby at that hour and my favorite mailman, Wayne, was the only employee at the counter. I purchased twenty 2¢ stamps so I will have enough to finish off that dozen-pack of 37¢ ones at home without having to make yet another pilgrimage to the postage Mecca. Of course, since I purchased my stamps “in bulk,” I will miss having another congenial conversation with Wayne, but sacrifices are often required in life. Wayne and I can catch up on the latest news when I mail my Christmas packages in December (or maybe November so I can avoid the line). Happy mailing!

No comments: