Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Unfortunate Changes to Accountability Update

Much to my chagrin, I must report that my September 2006 restaurant expenditures were exactly $1000.00 (don’t ask me how that happened), not the previously reported $991.09. The reason for this adjustment: some previously unreported restaurant visits made by my husband. Granted, it is only a difference of about $9.00, but it put me at that four-digit figure that I was so hoping to avoid. This after he thanked me for keeping costs in the three-digit range! Humpf.

Our restaurant addiction totals, thus far, for October are ~$240.00, putting us on a trajectory to spend $829.00 for the month, the exact amount predicted by my friend in Florida (I really hate it when she’s right). My October projection was $650.00. Looks like some behavior modification is in order. The question is: can I modify my husband’s behavior, too? We shall see.

No comments: