Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Let the Christmas Preparations Begin!

Every year, around the middle of October, FLYLady begins her Christmas preparation countdown, known to all FLYBabies as the Holiday Cruise. This year the cruise began while I was on a field trip to Virginia. That doesn’t mean I missed the boat, though. It just means I need to jump aboard whenever I can. FLYLady believes in jumping in where you are, not worrying about catching up, a philosophy that reminds me so much of Christ. He meets us where we are, too. Maybe that is why I like the FLYLady home management system so much.

Anyway, today marks 62 days until Christmas. Am I ready? No way! I will get there, though, with a little prodding from my FLYLady Holiday Cruise reminders. Today’s accomplishments:

- placed holiday events on calendar
- discussed additional holiday events with my daughter
- researched additional holiday events
- worked on Christmas card list
- shopped for Christmas cards online
- selected Christmas stamps

According to FLYLady, I should spend no more than 15 minutes per day on these Christmas preparation tasks. I guess I’m slow because the above list occupied more than 60 minutes of my evening. Maybe I will work more efficiently tomorrow.

1 comment:

Happy Blogger said...

Wow, someone else's post mentions the Fly Lady--LOVE HER!! And tracing of family history! It was like I knew ya! Just thought I would send out a hello to a fellow "flybaby"! Have a Merry CHRISTmas!!