Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lazy Thursday

This is the fourth in a series of seven postings chronicling a week in the life of a homeschooling family.

Thursday is the other low-key day at our house, much like Tuesday. Yesterday, however, should have been different, what with a Colonial Williamsburg Electronic Field Trip, Book Club, and a homeschool support meeting filling up the calendar. The support meeting was rescheduled, though, opening up my entire evening and making the day seem much less stressed.

Still, with a sick teenager and a husband who may be falling ill with the same cold, I really didn’t get a lot done. In fact, it was probably my least productive day in a long time. Hence, the name Lazy Thursday.

MOM
Continued treating Katherine the Great for her first cold of the season

TEACHER: Homeschool
Reading time: Blink by Ted Dekker
Degrees of Latitude Electronic Field Trip
Book Club: Blink by Ted Dekker

TEACHER: CHOOSE CT
Rescheduled support meeting
Sent messages & reminders about Electronic Field Trip
Monitored (2) episodes of Degrees of Latitude Electronic Field Trip
CHOOSE CT website work

WIFE
Gave hubby an anniversary gift

HOME MANAGER
Towel laundry
Disinfected phones, keyboards, doorknobs, etc.

FRIENDS/FAMILY
Spoke with my mother about Christmas gifts & theater trip
Spoke with Koalagirl15 about her challenging day
Visited with Mrs. S after Book Club

CHURCH
Reading time: The Seven Checkpoints by Andy Stanley

HOLIDAY PREPARATION
Online Christmas shopping

Setback of the day: I still have a sick person in the house, and may soon have a second patient if my husband falls ill. I really don’t relish a sick hubby. Men don’t make good patients. At least, my man doesn’t. :-)

Amusing moment of the day: the discovery of Evolve, a mindless video game where your “worm-fish” eats dots while “evolving” into…something. My daughter and my husband are both hooked on this inane source of entertainment, and it is entirely my fault. I found the Christmas Tree Game on the same website and surfed around to see what else was available, stumbling upon titles such as Smite Thee, Snowball Fight, and Panic Ball. I really should know better.

Tasks Left Undone at End of Day
Any and all holiday preparations

See you Friday!

No comments: