Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Apple Fan

Ok, after the unveiling of the Apple iPhone yesterday, I must admit I am an Apple fan. I have owned nothing but an Apple computer since around 1988. First, it was the Macintosh SE, a quaint little number that still sits in my attic. I suppose I keep it for sentimental reasons. Over the years, I progressed through various versions of the Apple desktop models until my husband gave me an iBook G4 for Christmas in 2004. I still don’t own an iPod, mostly because I don’t need one. Being a homeschool mom, I spend a lot of time in my kitchen so I listen to iTunes on my laptop or desktop computer from the adjoining family room (Mozart does wonders for concentration during math homework). But being a homeschooler who is on the road to music classes and handbell rehearsals, I could use an iPhone. Who couldn’t benefit from a gadget that acts as a phone, a computer with Internet access, a music library, and a camera, not to mention a calendar? I could eliminate my laptop, my digital camera, my cell phone, and my Palm Pilot from the load that goes in my purse or my car every day that I travel for school (the camera is sometimes used to document schoolwork). Lightened load with no loss of technological advantage? Sounds good to me. Now, I just need come up with $500. That may take awhile.

No comments: