Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Cause of Gravity in My Hometown?!

I love my hometown. It isn’t anything spectacular compared to, say, New York City or Colonial Williamsburg, but it has a charm that is uniquely “small town Minnesota.” The main street has a renovated 1902 Opera House that hosts local concerts; amongst the twenty-one churches in town, four of them are Lutheran; and in a state with more than 10,000 lakes, Fairmont has five, all within the city limits and all connected by a series of channels.

Yet, this homey, “small town” atmosphere may be changing in the near future if a discovery by local resident, Kevin Fruechte, turns out to be true. Scientists and reporters may be stopping by to chat with him about the nature of the universe and all things gravitational. You see, Mr. Fruechte believes he has determined the cause of gravity. Apparently, a provable mathematical answer to this question has eluded scientists for years and, now, a humble engineer from Fairmont, MN says it is, quite simply, G=4hf/3.

Of course, having completed only high school level physics and calculus, this formula means nothing to me. However, if it makes sense to you, then you may want to peruse Mr. Fruechte's entire paper on the subject. It is available online at www.googlebase.com. Search for “Kevin Fruechte.” If you wish to read more about Mr. Fruechte himself, see the article from my hometown newspaper, “Holy Grail of Physics Found in Fairmont?” Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a web site available now, pertaining to the Fruechte Gravity Theory. It is located at: http://www.fruechtetheory.com/

It has been difficult to get the attention of the peer reviewed journals so the web site was created to hopefully increase readership.

Thank you for your kind comments after the Sentinel article.

Sincerely,

Kevin Fruechte