Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pledge of Allegiance

A homeschooled student who is part of my support group posted this video on his blog, The Magical Storyteller. Having watched "The Red Skelton Show" as a child, I found this both moving and nostalgic, not to mention informative. How many of us could put the Pledge of Allegiance into our own words? After watching an episode of "Hannity’s America"* on Fox News recently, it seems that many of us cannot even recite the original words (with or without the phrase “under God”), let alone interpret it for ourselves or others.

*I was unable to locate a video of this episode. If I find it, I will post the link.

No comments: