Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy Birthday, Honey

Just a quick post to wish my darling husband a “Happy Birthday.” Of course, being the organized housewife that I am, I do not have anything amazing planned for his special day. Frankly, I don’t have anything planned, let alone something amazing. Birthdays really aren’t a big deal at our house. Half the time, the person having the birthday forgets that it is their birthday. I’m not certain if that is a coping mechanism geared toward graceful aging, or an advanced stage of denial. Since the former sounds healthier, I opt for that. :-)

Anyway, “Happy Birthday,” honey (and thanks for putting the towels in the dryer). I love you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to Cookie!" By contrast, birthdays are HUGE in our home! We LOVE birthdays! The birthday person gets to make lots of different choices about what they want to do that day, what they want to eat, etc. We look forward to each others birthdays with much anticipation and truly celebrate each person's uniqueness and the miracle of their existance. Since each of my kids are truly "miracle" children, celebrating them is a joy!

Hope you had fun with Rich and found someone way to celebrate HIM!