Inspired by a little-known picture book from the pen of Bethany Tudor, this is a diary, of sorts, where I document some of my thoughts, activities, and ideas as I explore the challenges met by the characters in the story: hard work, the care and nurture of others, housekeeping skills, life changes, charity, community, and cooperation, among others. Like Samuel and Samantha, the ducks in the tale, I struggle and succeed, cope and celebrate, work and play, handling the tasks that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Morning Coffee

I caught an article on WTNH-TV News this morning about a coffee shop in Minnesota that is selling a $10.00 cup of coffee. Why so expensive? It is made from coffee beans that have passed, partially digested, through the intestines of the common palm civet, an Indonesian cat. Apparently, this stuff is known as Kopi Luwak. To learn more about it, check out this article on Wikipedia. According to the online encyclopedia, the coffee beans themselves can sell for up to $600.00 per pound. I don’t know about you, but I think I may stick with Starbucks Decaf.

No comments: